I was having lunch with a friend the other day and she was telling me that she just got back from a trip to Sweden (her home country), but it still feels like she needs a vacation! I think we can all relate. Sometimes, our vacations end up exhausting us further and creating new challenges physically, financially, emotionally…
It’s really important that we have a way to relax within ourselves and not have to jet away every time we are stressed. I told my friend, “Why don’t you take a vacation inside yourself?”
What I meant was, she needs a way to take a break from her usual thoughts, feelings, and actions so that she can refresh her sense of well-being and peace. And this can be done without making any big changes. She doesn’t have to plan an extravagant holiday to take a vacation within.
Here are 5 ways to take a vacation inside yourself:
1) Take a break from being so hard on yourself! – For just a day, a week, or however long you choose, take a break from criticizing yourself, judging yourself, or needing to be right/good/perfect. In fact, allow yourself to do the bare minimum for a while and don’t feel bad about it! Free yourself from the harsh inner critic and just BE.
2) Don’t worry about money – This has nothing to do with how much money or wealth you actually have. It has everything to do with how you feel inside. Trust that you are endlessly abundant and well on your way to receiving many more blessings. Take yourself shopping, out to eat, or don’t even spend money but simply stop worrying about how to make ends meet. For even one day, give zero attention to money. Rest into assurance that you have and will always have plenty- you’d be surprised what kind of magical things can happen when you already believe you are abundant!
3) Let yourself enjoy food – Whatever you feel like eating, go for it. Listen deeply to your body and, for a day or even a whole week, eat and truly savor whatever yummy delicious things you crave. Have a special treat from childhood that you miss. Go to your favorite restaurant. Make yourself an extravagant new dish or dessert. Just enjoy every bite! When you feel nurtured in this way, you won’t feel the need to binge eat because you aren’t depriving yourself.
4) Rest as much as you want – Take a breather from the old exercise routine and sleep in. Go for a relaxing walk instead of running or hitting the gym. If you feel like sitting on the couch all day… do it. Every once in a while, our bodies need the chance to totally recuperate and rest. Once again, listen deeply to what your body is saying and rest as much as you’d like.
5) Resist nothing, everything is here to help you – This can change your whole world. Instead of viewing a situation as an obstacle to overcome or an enemy to beat, try viewing everything you encounter as a special gift that is here to help you. That rude driver who cut you off? “Thank you for teaching me patience.” That friend who betrayed you and hurt your feelings? “Thank you for reminding me to love myself unconditionally.” That expensive parking ticket? “Thank you for helping me remember how abundant I am.” Everything in our lives can be viewed as a blessing and a gift. And then there’s nothing to resist or fight.
I hope this list helps you feel free within yourself and able to take a vacation any time! You deserve it, beautiful.
Gia Gia xoxo
Photo credit: Andrés Nieto Porras via Flickr
Leave a Reply.
Gia writes about her journey through life and the many twists and turns of spiritual growth, relationships, health & healing, life as a performer, and the ever-unfolding path back to her heart.
I offer 1-on-1 energy healing sessions
Connect With Me
MY TOP PICKS
Check out the products I recommend for your spiritual journey in my Amazon shop:
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you in advance for supporting me and the creators of these awesome products!